Application Screening Re-imagined
Cortex is application screening reimagined with AI assistance. Upload application PDFs in bulk. Cortex uses natural language processing (NLP) and optical character recognition (OCR) to pull out aggregate grades, keywords and other important data in a snapshot view to promote DEI recruitment and holistic review. Score applicants, write notes, blind information to eliminate bias, and use fit algorithms to identify optimal applicants. All data transfers directly to Thalamus to complete an efficient process that saves faculty time and money, while promoting a fair, equitable, and inclusive review.
Enhanced Application Screening
Upload application PDFs in bulk as a zip file. Cortex uses two technologies known as natural language processing (NLP) and optical character recognition (OCR) to promote holistic application review by analyzing application information including transcripts, letters of recommendation and more.
- Snapshot and comprehensive view modes.
- Direct access to primary application materials.
- Faculty scoring and notes.
- Streamlined, aggregated application data.
- Optimized screening and review workflows.
Blinded Holistic Review
Programs can selectively blind application data to reduce conscious and unconscious bias while promoting a diverse screening process, taking applicants’ entire profiles and accomplishments into account. Stop filtering and instead develop objective selection criteria to foster DEI recruitment processes centered on equity and inclusion.
- Blind any and all application data categories, including name and photo.
- Ensure all applications are read and considered.
- Take advantage of tools that encourage and support holistic review.
- Supported by a diverse and inclusive advisory board to mitigate bias.
- Maximize faculty and leadership review time.
Application data is presented in a user-interface optimized for GME recruitment including core clerkship and exam grades, educational and volunteer activities, publications and more. Cortex celebrates >95% accuracy across hundreds of thousands of applications so faculty can focus on reviewing key data rather than having to search or translate difficult to interpret transcripts and other application materials.
- Timeline view of educational, volunteer and research activities.
- Keyword searches provide deeper, automatic insights.
- Streamlined dashboard navigation to locate and compare key application data.
- Multiple view modalities provide a comprehensive summary of all applicants.
- Track and monitor the entire review process in one convenient location.
Export & Integration
- Applicants selected to interview transfer directly to Thalamus.
- Simplified and streamlined report generation.
- Seasonal archiving provides continuous data access.
- Data easily integrates into Thalamus’ institutional/program data dashboards.
- Centralized, encrypted and secure database.
Rated #1 by applicants & programs
Obstetrics & Gynecology
Duke University Medical Center
Mary Beth Gresham C-TAGME
Residency Program Coordinator
Department of Anesthesiology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Residency Program Manager
Anesthesiology Residency Administration
Jackson Memorial Medical Center