Working at Thalamus
If you’re visiting our Careers page, it likely means you’re interested in joining a unique, data-centric company that’s solving some of the major challenges in healthcare recruitment. For over five years, Thalamus has been developing technology-driven solutions built on process-specific optimization to ease the burden placed on medical students, residents, and hospital leadership during the residency and fellowship recruiting processes.
Thalamus is growing, and we’re hiring smart, creative people who will uniquely contribute to our culture and company. We’re a team of talented professionals, collectively referred to as “Team Thalamus,” who spend our days writing code, analyzing data, designing applications, and enhancing the sales process, with the ultimate goal of Connecting The DocsTm for the betterment of the medical profession and patient care as a whole. We have extensive experience in our respective fields and are proud to be solving some of the toughest problems facing healthcare and similar industries today.
When we hire, we look for passionate, intelligent people who are self-motivated and truly collaborative. You’ll fit in if you can do the work and deliver exceptional results, while also being humble and funny, and excited to be part of a larger team.
As a company founded by physicians who value knowledge and education, we’re also committed to your professional development. That means we’re especially interested in team members who are curious and interested in learning new things every day.
Are you ready to join our talented and creative team? Check out our job postings, and if you think you’re Thalamus material, send your resume to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
We have a transparent and efficient hiring process that usually takes about two to four weeks to complete. When you’re invited to interview, you can expect:
- Phone conversation with Human Resources
- Video interview with the team you’ll be working with
- Demonstration of your specific skill set
- Final Interview with our CEO and other members of the executive team
Equal Opportunity Employer
We work collaboratively across geographies in order to provide exceptional client service. We are enterprising, cooperative, and efficient. Diversity is a core value of Thalamus and we are committed to hiring, developing, promoting, and retaining top talent. We are academics at heart and believe in maximizing educational opportunities for our entire team.
Thalamus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Customer Success Specialist
The Customer Success Specialist is a Thalamus product expert who is responsible for ensuring Thalamus customer expectations are met and exceeded through exceptional customer service, creative problem-solving, and implementation of Thalamus products.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and sales team to ensure problems are resolved quickly and thoroughly.
- Successfully onboard new customers and ensure each user is fully trained and competent in using relevant features and functions.
- Proactively engage existing customers through training and support to increase customer knowledge.
- Create, deliver, and update product guides, FAQs, video tutorials, and collateral training materials to ensure customers know about and effectively use Thalamus features.
- Continually improve the onboarding and implementation processes.
- Gather and report on customer feedback, requests, and needs to drive product improvements and enhancements.
- Determine growth areas for additional products.
- Meet and exceed established targets for customer renewals.
- Adhere to legal guidelines, in-house policies, and business ethics to manage risk and maintain confidentiality.
- Strongly prefer prior experience as a program coordinator, administrator, or manager, or relevant work in Graduate Medical Education (GME)
- Experience in customer service and developing customer relationships through credibility and communication
- Experienced problem-solver who can envision and articulate solutions to complex customer problems and issues
- Excellent active listening and communication skills, especially when dealing with frustrated customers
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively across team and functions
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar education in relevant field(s)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the employee’s local time zone. This position regularly requires additional hours and some weekend work, with certain times of the year being busier than others.
This role is compensated through a combination of annual salary and equity. The annual salary range for this role is $50,000-65,000.